Get the kids cooking with these kid-friendly Gwaltney recipes.
- 8 hard corn taco shells
- 6 large eggs
- 2 lbs of Gwaltney Sausage
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning with salt or chili powder
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 4 scallions chopped
- ½ cup salsa or taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- Sliced black olives and sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Warm the taco shells on a baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Cook Gwaltney Sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add the taco seasoning, and whisk with a fork.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat until it melts and foams and bubbles.
- Add eggs and reduce heat to low. Cook eggs, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon. Set aside for 4 to 4 minutes.
- Line the center of each taco shell with 2 tablespoons of the scrambled eggs and sausage.
- Top with some of the cheese, scallions and lettuce and a spoonful of salsa.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, and serve with black olives and sour cream on the side.