Your kids will be the best cooks in the house. Get them making these super-easy, super-delicious breakfast pies.
- ¾ lb. Gwaltney Breakfast Sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 can drained mushroom pieces and stems (optional)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh sage (optional)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup baking mix
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized skillet, cook Gwaltney Sausage and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, salt, sage and cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup.
- Top with about ¼ cup sausage mixture.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto Gwaltney Sausage mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake about 30 minutes or when top of pies are golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes. With a knife, loosen sides of pies and remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack.